| Services > Imaging
Ultrasound is an important diagnostic modality with wide ranging applications.
- Internal medical examinations
- Assess ill neonates
- Pregnancy examinations and monitor the fetus in high risk pregnancies
- Image the abdomen and thorax
- Perform echocardiograms of the equine heart
- Examinations of the tendons, ligaments and joint lesions in lameness
- Portable digital radiography for detection of orthopedic lesions
- Survey radiographs for prepurchase examinations and repository series for sales horses.
- Radiographs of the head and neck
- Thermography is the science of measuring the body
surface temperature to gain information about processes beneath the
skin. This noninvasive procedure can detect differences as small
as 0.1 degree Fahrenheit.
- Detection of inflammation such as limb soreness
- Detection of sinus infections
- Saddle fit
- A flexible endoscope can be inserted in the upper airway, the stomach or the uterus in the standing horse.
- Assessing the function of the upper airways for conditions such as “roarers”
- Respiratory examination for racehorse/sales prospects
- Looking for sources of infection in the airway including the lungs
- Determining abnormalities of the uterus.
- Diagnosing gastric ulcers and other disease of the stomach